Thursday 2 July 2015

Postcards from... Bielsko-Biała #2

January 2012. Temperatures had plummeted and snow had been forecast. And when it snowed, it fell thick and fast, the like of which I had not seen since I was a child over two decades previously. I was entranced and, after a long lazy morning, I ventured outside armed with my camera.

I walked along ul. Listopada, past Sfera, past the castle and on to the Rynek, which was almost deserted and covered in a blanket of powder snow. I was engrossed in trying to capture the beauty of the untrodden snow when someone called my name. It was my colleague, out doing exactly the same thing as me! After taking a few more photos, we treated ourselves to a late lunch of pizza and garlic bread in a rather nice pizzeria.

The snowy Ratusz (Town Hall)


Christmas tree by the castle


The castle on a snowy day


Bazyliszek, a favourite haunt of the teachers


The Rynek in the snow


Walking in a winter wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment