Thursday 1 January 2015

Welcome to my world

I don't claim to be any kind of seasoned traveller – indeed, I've seen far less of the world than many people a decade younger than me – but I absolutely adore discovering new places. Prolonged stays in one place give me cabin fever. I need to see new places, whether in my host country or abroad, just to keep myself sane.

Fortunately, life as an EFL teacher affords me the opportunity to live abroad and long holidays in which to travel. Although, if I'm honest, finances (or lack thereof) mean that I tend to spend my summers working rather than travelling. Nonetheless, I do manage to fit in a number of travels throughout the year in the form of day-trips, the odd weekend away and longer holidays at Easter and Christmas. Most of my travelling is done in Spain, or elsewhere in Europe. That's not to say I'm not interested in travelling further afield, but time and money constraints mean that it happens less frequently.

To Iberia and beyond... is nothing more than a 21st century travel journal; my little corner of cyberspace in which to record the stories and photos from my explorations in Spain and Portugal, as well as from my trips to Europe and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment