Monday 24 August 2015

Hidden Madrid: Madrid Río

Having learned of Madrid Río through Google, I stuck it on my 'must-see' list, and then promptly forgot all about it. Many months later, a friend suggested we go check it out. Naturally I was camera-less, so I resolved to return another day with my trusty Nikon in tow...

I instantly felt at home, so much so that some months later I would find an apartment a stone's throw from there, and each morning I would take full advantage of the park and go for a run. Unfortunately, the apartment, or rather the flat-mate, turned out to be a mistake, and within weeks I'd left it and moved to the other side of town. Nonetheless, whenever I felt like being near water, I'd metro it to Príncipe Pío and wander along the river...

Puerta de San Vicente


The walkway from Príncipe Pío to Madrid Río


Looking back towards Príncipe Pío station 


An intriguing-looking church


Madrid skyline from the Río


There are worse places you could live!


Views of the palace and the cathedral


Puente Monumental de Arganzuela


Standing on the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment