Monday 11 January 2016

Exploring España: Santa Pola

Located just 20 km (12 miles) south of Alicante, Santa Pola is a picturesque coastal fishing town that's home to long, sandy beaches and crystalline waters. The photos I'd seen looked gorgeous. It was exactly what I needed after the disappointment of Elche.

Thirty minutes after I'd left Elche, I arrived in Santa Pola. Unfortunately, I had absolutely no idea where in Santa Pola I was. I got off the bus and looked around. Flats as far as the eye could see. Luckily, some people knew where they were going so I followed them at a discreet distance and thus I came to Playa de Levante.

Grabbing the shade offered by the two palm trees

 
Sun-loungers and beach umbrellas


Beautiful despite the buildings


Taking in the views


Perfect sea
 
 
People fishing despite the sign: "Fishing permitted evening only during Semana Santa"

 
One last look

I enjoyed walking along the near-deserted beach and taking in the views, but as the temperature reached 26°C (79°F), I had to conclude that I was done. It was far too hot to walk along a shadeless beach, proof of which came later in the form of some VERY sunburned feet. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment